Operating Status: Beginning at 4pm on 1/26/15, Rutgers Health Services-CAPS will not be holding regularly scheduled appointments in light of the level 4 weather emergency. Students who are in urgent need of assistance may contact the NJ Hopeline at 1-855-654-6735 for 24 hour support. In the event of a psychiatric emergency, students should contact Rutgers Acute Psychiatric Services (APS) at 732.235.5700. Thank you.
Rutgers University is proud to offer a unique opportunity for our students in recovery from alcohol and/or drug dependence...
Students support each other’s sobriety while forming meaningful personal relationships based around friendship, sobriety and their college experiences.
Some of the unique benefits to Recovery Housing are:
- The Recovery House is an on-campus residence hall.
- There are no signs, which protects students’ anonymity.
- A 12-month housing option.
- Easy access to University resources such as Rutgers Health Services, which includes Counseling, Alcohol & Other Drug Assistance Program & Psychiatric Services (CAPS), medical services, on campus 12-Step meetings and recovery counseling.
- There is a Recovery Counselor (RC) who advises students on academic and career support.
- Organized activities such as attendance at sporting events and plays, hikes, bike trips, intramurals and other campus events.
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR THE PROSPECTIVE STUDENT
- Contact ADAP Staff at CAPS New Brunswick: 848-932-7884 or Newark Counseling: 973-353-1236
- Interview with staff members regarding your desire and motivation to live in the Recovery House (students should be sober at least three months).
- ADAP staff then set up a tour of the Recovery House and a meet-and-greet session with current residents.
- After fulfilling all application requirements, students then may be offered an opportunity to participate in the program.
- Before moving into housing each student must agree to maintain the Recovery House code of conduct.
- Students are expected to have a sponsor and attend at least two 12-step meetings a week while they are living in the Recovery House.
AMENITIES AT RUTGERS NEW BRUNSWICK RECOVERY HOUSING
- 38-bed on-campus residence hall(s) with: common room, kitchen, restroom facilities on each floor and basement with washer and dryer.
- Live-in Resident Assistant with at least 1 year in the recovery community.
- Support from and access to ADAP staff.
Check out our newly designed brochure:
For Additional Information:
Activities and Alumni Support