Q: If a Rutgers University student is arrested for an alcohol/drug offense, does Rutgers offer any help?

A: The Alcohol and Other Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) provides counseling and education for all students. When a student is involved with the legal system (for example: driving while intoxicated, or drug arrest) he or she can utilize our services at ADAP to complete required treatment and education.

In addition:

  • We are an approved IDRC treatment provider for Rutgers students.
  • We offer individual counseling to address alcohol/drug abuse issues. 
  • We offer a four session educational group for students with legal involvement.
  • With an appropriate release of information we will communicate with your Lawyer, probation officer or the Court.