Alcohol & Other Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) is a counseling and information program for students who are concerned about their drinking or use of other drugs, about a friend’s use/abuse, or about drug or alcohol use in their family. ADAP is a special focus service of Counseling, ADAP & Psychiatric Services (CAPS), which is a division of Rutgers Health Services.
Nine programs are available at ADAP:
- Consultation and outreach
- Evaluation and assessment
- Individual alcohol/ drug counseling
- Alcohol/other drug awareness groups
- Recovery support groups – For students in recovery to provide support and meet other students in recovery.
- Recovery housing – On-campus housing for Rutgers students who are in recovery from a chemical dependency. It is a supportive environment for students who live abstinent from alcohol and other drugs.
- Early Recovery Program
- Nicotine Dependence Assessment and Referral
- Adult Children of Alcoholics/Addicts group – For students whose parent, other family members or close friend is an alcoholic or drug addict.
All services are accessed through our main office at 17 Senior Street on the College Avenue Campus. 848-932-7884