ADAP Recovery Housing
Rutgers University is proud to offer a unique opportunity for our students in recovery from alcohol and/or drug dependence...
Students support each other’s sobriety while forming meaningful personal relationships based around friendship, sobriety and their college experiences. Some of the unique benefits to Recovery Housing are:
- The Recovery House is an on-campus residence hall.
- There are no signs, which protects students’ anonymity.
- A 12-month housing option.
- Easy access to University resources such as Rutgers Health Services, which includes Counseling, Alcohol & Other Drug Assistance Program & Psychiatric Services (CAPS), medical services, on campus 12-Step meetings and recovery counseling.
- There is a Recovery Counselor (RC) who advises students on academic and career support.
- Organized activities such as attendance at sporting events and plays, hikes, bike trips, intramurals and other campus events.
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR THE PROSPECTIVE STUDENT
Contact ADAP Staff at CAPS New Brunswick: 848-932-7884 or Newark Counseling: 973-353-1236
Interview with staff members regarding your desire and motivation to live in the Recovery House (students should be sober at least three months).
ADAP staff then set up a tour of the Recovery House and a meet-and-greet session with current residents.
After fulfilling all application requirements, students then may be offered an opportunity to participate in the program.
Before moving into housing each student must agree to maintain the Recovery House code of conduct.
Students are expected to have a sponsor and attend at least two 12-step meetings a week while they are living in the Recovery House.
AMENITIES AT RUTGERS NEW BRUNSWICK RECOVERY HOUSING
38-bed on-campus residence hall(s) with: common room, kitchen, restroom facilities on each floor and basement with washer and dryer.
Live-in Resident Assistant with at least 1 year in the recovery community.
Support from and access to ADAP staff.
Check out our newly designed brochure:
Recovery Housing Brochure 1
Recovery Housing Brochure 2
For Additional Information:
For more information or to set up an interview please call 848-932-7884 or email Lisa Laitman at firstname.lastname@example.org