In addition to the services offered at our CAPS counseling centers, we offer health and wellness services through a community-based model known as a meso practice. Counselors are embedded several days a week inside various departments and centers on campus. This approach helps build familiarity and comfort between the counselor and the individual communities and allows the counselor to address the specific and unique needs of each culture.
Benefits of the CAPS meso model include:
- Let’s Talk drop-in hours offering informal, free and confidential consultation and support sessions
*For more details on Let’s Talk see below.
- Educational, prevention programs, workshops and trainings, tailored to the needs of the specific community
- Access to an initial point of contact to assess potential health and wellness concerns and help navigate available resources
- Onsite consultation and collaboration for faculty and staff
- Specialized community support in the aftermath of tragic or critical event
Drop-in hours are currently offered at the following times and locations.